I’ve been up the walls with work these days, so treats need to be quick and tasty. These cookies are just the ticket.
What you need:
45g peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
50g butter (preferably unsalted)
50 white sugar
45g brown sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 zest of an untreated orange
50g unsalted peanuts (chopped)
What to do:
- Cream the first 4 ingredients with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix for another 2 minutes
- Mix the baking powder and flour and add to the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon the dough onto some parchment paper or cling film, making a line. Close the paper and roll with your hands to make a sort of sausage.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Cut the dough into half-inch slices and spread out on a baking tray.
- (Alternatively, make about 20 balls of dough with your hands, spead out on a baking tray and flatten with a fork.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
This batch had neither chopped peanuts nor orange zest (I had none). Also, I used ground Tapa de Dulce (sugar cane syrup that is first solidified, then grated into a powder, from Panama) instead of brown sugar. Why? Because I had some. It worked fine.