The teenager made sausage rolls to go with a bowl of vegetable soup.
There is no recipe.
- Get the kid to line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Get the kid to preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Buy a pure butter, ready-to-roll puff pastry. Give it to the kid.
- Buy half a dozen frankfurters. Give them to the kid.
- Hand him a pastry wheel (or a knife, but nothing is safer and more fun than a pastry wheel).
- My fella cut strips of pastry and wrapped them around the sausages like mummies.
- Optional: The kid cut them in 4 bite-sized pieces. You could keep them whole.
- Bake until golden brown.
There was nothing to it.
He felt like a king.
Now he wants me to make more soup so he can make more sausage rolls.